- What can my meal plan include?
- Meal Swipes: Gives you free entry into the Galley, the all-you-care-to-eat dining hall
- Campus Cash: Money is loaded directly onto your student ID card as is included as part of your meal plan. Campus Cash is TAX FREE and can be used at any on-campus food location including food trucks. Campus Cash can be reloaded at anytime online at unodining.com or in person at the UNO Eats office.
Privateer Bucks: Students that do not live in the P-Halls on campus, are required to have the Privateer Bucks. Privateer Bucks allow students to dine at any on-campus food location including the food trucks. Privateer Bucks are also TAX FREE.
- Do I need to buy a meal plan?
Students living on campus in the P-Halls are required to purchase one of the on-campus meal plans each semester. Students that do not live in the P-Hall and live off campus, are given Privateer Bucks each semester. These students can also purchase an off-campus meal plan to simplify their commute!
- Will my meal plan auto renew for next semester?
If you live in the P-Halls, your meal plan will remain the same for one full year, unless requested to change. If you are living off campus, your meal plan will expire at the end of the semester and you will need to renew for the next semester. If your living off campus, you will be given Privateer Bucks each semester.
- Will unused meals, Campus Cash or Privateer Bucks roll over?
Privateer Bucks will rollover until 1 year after you depart from the university or after your student card is inactive for 1 year. Campus Cash will rollover until the end of the spring semester. Unused meal do not rollover.
- Where can I use my meal swipes if I have the Freedom Plan?
Simply tell the cashier that you have the freedom Plan and they will swipe for your meal rather than using your Campus Cash (declining balance). The only restrictions are in the C-Stores. For those you can purchase SWEGS items, bags of chips, and 20oz Coke products as part of your Freedom Plan meal swipe. As long as your purchase is $7.25 or less, you will only have a meal swipe deducted. If it is more than $7.25, it will deduct a meal swipe and you will simply have to pay for the remainder of your total with Campus Cash or with another form of payment. Grab a signature coffee and a bagel, swipe for a quick smoothie at Jamba as a meal, or get a signature Sandbar Burger after a long day of classes. All of this without having to dip into your Campus Cash!
- If I have already purchased a meal plan, can I change it?
If you are living in the P-Halls and would like to make a change to your meal plan, you will need to speak with a housing adviser before August 29th (fall 2018) and they will guide you through the correct course of action. If you are living off campus and would like to make a change to your meal plan, contact the dining office or email email@example.com and we can assist you further. (Spring deadline to change coming soon)
- How long before my account becomes inactive?
Accounts will be deactivated after one full year of inactivity. After this time the account balances will be removed and the account will be removed from the system.
Need help with your meal plan?